Saturday, July 30, 2011

I don't know what the future holds. But I know who hold the future.

College is getting closer and closer by the minute. And I haven't even started packing!

I got into the dorm I wanted with the roommate I wanted and the suitemates I wanted. Everything is working out smashingly.

The nerves haven't kicked in yet. I bet they will though. I'm going to be nine hours away from where I have lived my whole life. When I was little I used to tell my parents I was going to go to NYU (that being the college farthest away from them) and now just the distance from Georgia to Arkansas is killer. I never realized how much I would miss my home state.


My friend re-wrote "Midnight Train to Georgia" to:
Megan's leaving on the Midnight Train to Searcy. 
Said she's leaving us. And Georgia doesn't care. 
Hopefully it's just a joke.


 But all of a sudden since I'm leaving I have felt this huge sensation of Georgia pride. I have NEVER liked the University of Georgia and I bought a UGA shirt because it represent Georgia somehow. I find myself listen to "The Devil went Down to Georgia", "Georgia Clay", "Georgia on my Mind", "Georgia Rain", basically anything that has Georgia in it and feel like throwing my hands in the air and screaming "OOOOO YYEEEAAAHHHH GEORGIA!!!" 


The best is:

"Welcome to Atlanta where the Playas Play 
and we ride on these this like everyday. 
Big beats, hit streets, see ganstas roamin.
 and parties don't stop till 8 in the mornin."

Theme song of my life.


But although I am going to miss Georgia, God has a plan for me and He is watching out. It makes me think of the passage Jeremiah 29:11.
Even though I'm scared, anxious, excited, unprepared and so many other things God is with me... always.




Harding better look out because they don't know what is about to hit them. 
So Fresh. So Clean. 
Harding Class of 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment